Monday, March 11, 2013

Best TARGET Store Waterdown!

See ya Buffalo.... the main reason for me shopping across the border is just about to open a store in my community of Waterdown.... I am a Target lover!!   (or should I say Tar-jeigh, in a french accent)       I am a local girl at heart and love to shop at the wonderful small businesses here in town... but I must admit that I have been anxiously awaiting this new Target store opening for about 2 years since they announced that Target was buying our local Zellers.

My sister lives in Guelph, so seeing that Guelph, Fergus and Milton Target stores had their soft launch opening last week (to work out any bugs in their systems before opening in larger markets), my sister and I headed to Target last Saturday.      Shopping on a Saturday is usually busy, but the first Saturday that a Target store is open in Canada was crazy busy!      

Kudos to the staff in Guelph.     They were great at rounding up buggies and making sure that they were available for anyone walking through the doors.      I saw several staff in each department and the huge lineup that went from the cash registers to almost the other end of the store in the food department moved very quickly.     It was a massive line and we considered putting everything back and heading home but I was determined to make it home with my finds.

One thing I was concerned about was that the quality, selection & price of merchandise was going to be different in Canada as compared to the US.     I am so disappointed each time I go into a Walmart store in the states and every time leaving say to myself..."The stuff here is so much nicer than at home!"

After my 1st experience shopping at Target last weekend... I am THRILLED!      From what I saw, they had alot of the same merchandise you'd find in the US!     I bought my daughter some bedding from Target in the US last year and found the same bedding at the Guelph store!     The clothes.... OMG the clothes were fantastic!     Such selection, colour and style.      Loved the kids clothes and home decor too!    I was also so happy to the prices of the clothing.     If they cost more in Canada, it is not much of a difference.    Bought some beautiful and comfy high heels for $34.     I had bought similar shoes at our local Walmart for $19 before Christmas and they destroyed my feet!






    
The one thing I would say, is that there was obviously massive amounts of people buying in a short period of time, so even though the store is brand new and the merchandise is all new.... there was certainly the look of "Black Friday Sale" in the store.     Popular items were completely gone or had little selection of size.     So if you go in knowing that, you won't be too disappointed.     Soon, shopping at Target will be a normal everyday thing and this frenzy of shopping will level out.

**************************************UPDATE**************************************************************
Just announced TODAY that the Waterdown location as well as others will open on TUESDAY MARCH 19TH, 2013.   See the annoucement here:  https://twitter.com/target_ca/status/313641031738486784/photo/1

To stay updated on what's happening with Target Canada, check out their website www.target.ca and Target's facebook page (become a fan for regular updates) https://www.facebook.com/#!/TargetCanada

No comments:

Post a Comment