Friday, October 19, 2012

Best Dog Park

I have done alot of driving between Burlington and Waterdown over the years... A few years ago I found a new route to travel between them... up King Road north of the North Service Road.     It really is pretty drive, especially at this time of year.   The route is tree lined, barely any traffic, wildlife, windy road and such a peaceful route.    Halfway up King Road, I would notice a little park called Bayview Park that was always bustling with lots of dogs running around.   

This week, I was cutting through King Road, enjoying the amazing fall colours and I had a few minutes so I decided to pull off and watch the activity at Bayview Park.     The spot itself is stunning at this time of year.     Beautiful fall foilage, view of the Skyway Bridge and just the amazing peace and quiet.     There is a very large fenced in area where the dogs are free to run around carefree without leash.

Many owners meet there and let their dogs play together.    Some people show up and meet new people and dogs.     One lady there I saw must have either been a dog walker or worked in a kennel as she she had about 6 dogs!    All of them well trained and happily roaming around and the unmistakeable whistle called them all to her side immediately.

I don't have a dog, but I imagine that if I did, this would be an ideal place to bring my dog to have playdates with other dogs.

The park is serviced by the City of Burlington and you can also see areas nearby that cater to model airplane/rocket launching and there is also a ball diamond on the property.

http://cms.burlington.ca/Page421.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment