Thursday, May 26, 2011

Best Anticipated Store Opening

Since I heard last year that our local Zellers might become a Target, I hoped that it would be sooner rather than later.     Today I read that the Waterdown Zellers, located in the Flamborough Power Centre, will become one of the the first Target Stores for this area.   Expected opening will happen sometime in the Spring of 2013.   
http://www.insidehalton.com/news/business/article/1015585--target-opening-3-local-stores

It's funny how my reasons for running down to the US to shop are slowly starting to creep north.    Take a look at Mapleview (located only 10-15 minutes away from Waterdown).   In the last year since undergoing their big renovation, we've seen major US stores take up residence there like:   Coach, Justice, Aeropostale, Kiehl's, Sephora and Pink by Victoria's Secret.    Most of those stores (except for Justice, my 10 year old daughter's personal favourite) have been in Toronto for awhile now, but it's so fantastic to have them so very close to Waterdown.    Considering the cost of gas these days, I really like that the US stores I love are coming closer to me, and saving me the drive across the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment